Thursday, September 2, 2010

Where does inspiration come from?

THE DARKNESS AND THE ANGELUS


A lot of writers will tell you that they get inspiration from everywhere.  The world around us is full of things to inspire!  That's all well and good, but have you ever encountered something that quite specifically inspires you?

Personally, browsing the work on Deviant Art - in the Comics section really got me inspired.  I was never into comics or comicbooks before, but something about the way they're drawn really works for my imagination.  The female form as it's depicted in comics is literally perfect in my opinion.  Plus, since I write paranormal romance, it's pretty easy to see why I might be drawn to characters with powers.

In particular, the comics from the TopCow line REALLY intrigued me.  They would be The Darkness, The Angelus, The Witchblade, The Magdalena, etc...  In fact, it was this picture of The Angelus and The Witchblade that inspired the basis for The Sanguine Chronicles.

I've fallen so in love with comic art that I'd actually really like for my book covers to be comics instead of photos.  NOT MANGA, but American Comic Art like you see above.  There's so much more you can do with this!  If I have my way, I'd even like to pick an unknown artist from Deviant Art to do the cover artwork, but who knows if that will even be in my hands?

SO, WHAT INSPIRES YOU?  ANY SPECIFIC THING OUT THERE THAT TOTALLY KICK-STARTED YOUR IMAGINATION?

No comments:

Post a Comment