Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo


As I'm sure many of you know, today is the kick-off for National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo for short.  The goal for everyone is to get a novel written in the next 30 days.  I think that this is such a wonderful thing...I'm a little surprised that this is the first year I'm participating.

I've reached another little block with The Sanguine Chronicles, so while I let the creative soup for that piece percolate, I’m working on something else.  Something not TOTALLY different, in fact it’s something that’s been part of the plan all along. 

Let me give you guys a little bit of the background on this project.  About 2-3 years ago, I began writing a young adult fantasy series called The Faerie Tale Chronicles.  I developed the hell out of it and got almost 20,000 words written.  Then, I decided to switch to writing a Paranormal Romance and it completely took over.  “Chronicles” is obviously a word I like to use, because my PNR series is called The Sanguine Chronicles.  Well anyway, over time, I began to play with the idea of having a YA Fantasy series that merged with a Paranormal Erotic Romance…it’s either crazy or brilliant – I’ve yet to decide which, but I’ll keep you posted as this month progresses.

I’m no longer calling the YA series “The Faerie Tale Chronicles” and for once, I don’t already have a title picked out.  Basically, this series is going to center on a group of 3 young women.  They have 3 things in common:

1.      They're all 16 years old.
2.      They're all Juniors at Wolverton High School in Atlanta, GA (not a real school).
3.      They're all immortals.


One of the 3 young women will be the first Lead Female in The Sanguine Chronicles.  At least that’s the plan right now.  Basically, this YA Fantasy is going to take my 3 main characters into adulthood – then the Paranormal Romance series will follow then into adulthood.  Many times, I’ve fallen in love with a YA series (The characters and the world that’s been developed) and I find myself wondering what happened to them when they grew up.  Sometimes, I really wish that I could keep myself (mentally) in the world that’s been developed for just a little while longer.  Well, if no one else is going to do it, then why not me?

So, what do you think?  Crazy or Brilliant?

Also, I'll be posting a shot of my workspace when I get home from work!  So check back later.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR NaNoWriMo?



No comments:

Post a Comment