Thursday, April 21, 2011

Writing Paranormal Romance

What's one of the hardest things about writing PNR?  Maintaining the balance between world-building, action, and romance + plus since this is more on the erotic side, I've got to pepper it with some steaminess!

I've FINALLY moved on from the planning stages (sorta) and have begun writing.  I feel like like if I can get off the intro/hook, then I'll be in the clear and my OCD/Control-freakishness will allow me to move on.

I've started planning plots for the next couple of books/couples in the series and fitting in the romantic conflicts/tension and steaminess has been a fun little challenge I hadn't expected.  I'm SO into the world-building and planning out of the overall conflict and the story and everything, that now that I'm down to the nitty gritty writing, this has kind of slapped me in the face.  I've learned from the The Fiction Groupie that character development is KEY and she's actually kind of made me re-assess how I plan my characters out. 

But...yeah...People think romance is easy to write because it's easy and fun to read - well, it's only easy and fun to read because it's well executed! 

I'm hoping to have something available for beta reading VERY soon, so if you're interested let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Waiting impatiently... er, I mean patiently! ;)

    ReplyDelete